I’ve not posted lately I know but that doesn’t mean I’ve not been busy upcycling and creating.
The latest items that I’ve made are these two bedside cabinets. I still have a few pieces of wood that came from packing, the packing was used by a local and quite large garden centre business. It was doomed for the bonfire ( the wood not the business ) so I’ve been using it for a few projects.
The painted finish on the cabinets is my own mixture, or would that be “take” on chalk paint. I’ve used a couple of brands of chalk paint and they both work well, but I do like to try things myself. The colour is duck egg blue, I then used a dark wax, wiped them over before it dried, and then waxed with a clear wax.
After painting and waxing the bedside cupboards I distressed them, I always want to say I shouted at them for an hour, but I didn’t I used sandpaper, it’s easier and the neighbours don’t think I’ve gone crazy.
To make the hinges and catch look old and rusty I used a grinder with a flap disc to take off the powder coating, I then wet them and sprinkled salt over them, left them out in the garden until they started to rust.
If you have any questions please feel free to ask using the comments option.